LEIGH EAST COVID-19 UPDATE

16 Mar 2020 in News

LEIGH EAST COVID-19 UPDATE LEIGH EAST COVID-19 UPDATE
Leigh East have taken proactive steps to ensure the safety of all players at the club following the joint Super League and RFL statement released on 16th March.
 
Rugby Chairman David Coyle said, "We are now at a point that to comply with the Government and RFL, we will be closing down ALL training until further notice.
 
"Our facilities (LSV) are having a meeting tomorrow (Tuesday). We will confirm their status after that meeting and will then advise you of their decision as soon as we can.
 
"Further to the news we will also be suspending subs payments after last week, but to do this you must cancel your standing order - we have no control over it coming out.
 
"Any monies overpaid into the account will be returned when possible, but this will probably be upon reopening.
 
"We hope you all stay safe and healthy and we will keep in touch through all of our social media platforms - website, Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
 
"If anyone has any concerns or comments please contact me directly via email: david@dkcc.co.uk or feel free to text or telephone on 07584 823429.
 
"My thanks go out to everyone for their understanding and co-operation."
 
The joint RFL statement is reprinted in full below:
 
RFL AND SUPER LEAGUE JOINT STATEMENT ON SEASON SUSPENSION
 
 
The Rugby Football League and Super League Europe today announce a suspension of fixtures in the Betfred Super League season, initially until 3rd April, during which time the season’s structure and fixture rescheduling will be considered.
 
This follows the latest Government advice regarding social contact and mass gatherings.
 
The Super League clubs discussed a range of contingency plans with the RFL at their board meeting in Huddersfield, and the situation will be reviewed with broadcasters and sponsors throughout the initial suspension.
 
These changes will also apply across other competitions including the Championship, League 1, Betfred Women’s Super League and the community game, with the RFL to have further discussions of the implications at meetings of Championship and League 1 clubs and community board over the next couple of days.
 
Joint statement from Robert Elstone, the Executive Chairman of Super League Europe, and Ralph Rimmer, CEO of Rugby Football League:
 
“These are unprecedented times, and they present significant financial and commercial implications for Rugby League, which will be further considered during the period of suspension.
 
“Super League is also an international competition, and consideration has to be given to our clubs in Canada and France, particularly around travel restrictions and scheduling fixtures.
 
“Player welfare and maintaining the integrity of the competition are key concerns moving forward. Equally our responsibilities to Rugby League communities remain front of mind for all of us.
 
“The whole country is facing major challenges – and the support of our fans, partners and stakeholders is needed now more than ever before.”
 
 
 
Also printed here is the statement received from NW Counties Junior & Youth RL.
 
JOINT STATEMENT FROM THE NORTH WEST COUNTIES JUNIOR & YOUTH ARL
COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Update
 
To All Member Clubs & Personnel
 
As per the UK Government advice and the RFL statement which followed on 16th Match, the NWC management teams have taken the joint decision to SUSPEND ALL Fixtures across ALL Age groups with Immediate effect.
 
Initially, the suspension will take effect until the weekend of 18/19th April 2020.
 
However, the length of the suspension could be longer than the date above and will be based on further advice from the UK Government and our National Governing Body, the RFL. The dates above are longer than the RFL statement says but we have chosen to include the Easter School Holiday times within our suspension period.
 
The Leagues will, during this time, make a full review of their schedules and any contingency plans which were drawn up in case of this course of action being taken. Should the League program(s) need to be changed any way when suspension is lifted then we will communicate this to all clubs and their teams in good time.
 
These are unprecedented times that we are going through now, and we do understand that any course of action will not please everyone. However, our decision is taken for the best interests of the NWC and all its members. Please take good care and we hope we will all be back on the Rugby field sooner rather than later.
 
Kind Regards
North West Counties Junior & Youth ARL

Share:

Older